Crimes Against Media & Free Expression
- PFUJ’s regional chapter RIUJ denounces government’s attempt to develop a kill-switch-like mechanism – says government should instead work towards increasing the spaces for free expression – warns of country wide demonstrations in protest.
- UPDATE: Proposed amendment to PEMRA Act 2007 reportedly will require ALL television channels to broadcast from PAKSAT, Pakistan’s national satellite system.
- Govt. pondering over new, sophisticated methods of electronic media censorship – considering amendments to PEMRA Act 2007 to legalize ‘scrambling’ of satellite TV channels.
- MMfD Podcast: Interview with Hamid Mir, discussing war-time media recommendations made by NA Standing Committee and its implications on media
- MMfD Podcast: Discussing ‘war-time’ media recommendations issued by National Assembly’s Standing Committee for print, broadcast and social media