Crimes Against Media & Free Expression
- Safe Nowhere – Plight of Journalists in Pakistan | Key Fact, Figures and Trends | Part – 2
- PFUJ announces a campaign against impunity in journo killings and economic exploitation of media workers
- Marking the first anniversary of attack on senior journalist & anchorperson Hamid Mir – An exclusive interview
- Safe Nowhere – Plight of Journalists in Pakistan | Key Fact, Figures and Trends | Part – 1
- Humara Media Episode 9: Media Ethics and International Best Practices
- Humara Media Episode 8: Media Wars, Agenda Setting and Vested Interests
- Humara Media Episode 7: The Cross-Section of Media Ethics and Journalists Safety
- Humara Media Episode 6: Special Interview with Sarmad Ali – Managing Director Jang Group
- Humara Media Episode 5: Women Representation in Pakistan
Media Economy & Exploitation of Workers
Media Policy & Regulation
- PFUJ’s regional chapter RIUJ denounces government’s attempt to develop a kill-switch-like mechanism – says government should instead work towards increasing the spaces for free expression – warns of country wide demonstrations in protest.
- UPDATE: Proposed amendment to PEMRA Act 2007 reportedly will require ALL television channels to broadcast from PAKSAT, Pakistan’s national satellite system.
- Govt. pondering over new, sophisticated methods of electronic media censorship – considering amendments to PEMRA Act 2007 to legalize ‘scrambling’ of satellite TV channels.