Crimes Against Media & Free Expression
- Safe Nowhere – Plight of Journalists in Pakistan | Key Fact, Figures and Trends | Part – 2
- PFUJ announces a campaign against impunity in journo killings and economic exploitation of media workers
- Marking the first anniversary of attack on senior journalist & anchorperson Hamid Mir – An exclusive interview
- Safe Nowhere – Plight of Journalists in Pakistan | Key Fact, Figures and Trends | Part – 1
- Humara Media Episode 5: Women Representation in Pakistan
- Humara Media Episode 4: The Declining Standards of Media and the Role of Editors
- Humara Media Episode 3: PEMRA and Regulation Conundrum
- Humara Episode 2: PEMRA and Media Reforms
- Humara Media Episode 1: The Dilemma of State versus Self Regulation
Media Economy & Exploitation of Workers
Media Policy & Regulation
- PFUJ’s regional chapter RIUJ denounces government’s attempt to develop a kill-switch-like mechanism – says government should instead work towards increasing the spaces for free expression – warns of country wide demonstrations in protest.
- UPDATE: Proposed amendment to PEMRA Act 2007 reportedly will require ALL television channels to broadcast from PAKSAT, Pakistan’s national satellite system.
- Govt. pondering over new, sophisticated methods of electronic media censorship – considering amendments to PEMRA Act 2007 to legalize ‘scrambling’ of satellite TV channels.